Penguin Random House LLC Junior Designer - Knopf Publishing Group in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is seeking a Junior Designer to join the Knopf Publishing art department! The Junior Designer will support the Art Director and the entire Design department in day-to-day design duties. The Junior Designer will also work closely with the managing editorial team and the production department. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn how to create book covers and about the overall publishing process.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Preparing mechanicals, and assisting in picking specs.
• Preparing files for production.
• Reviewing and correcting proofs with the assistance of senior staff.
• Utilizing design skills in the modification of layouts and series titles.
• Adapting hardcover designs for paperback, putting together movie tie-in covers.
• Making reprint corrections.
• Designing typography-driven eBook covers.
• Designing original book covers.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Graphic design degree
• Design internship experience a plus
• Genuine interest in book cover design
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
• Strong organizational skills with firm attention to detail
• Ability to think and work creatively
verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of the MAC platform and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.