Penguin Random House LLC Junior Analyst, Consumer Insights - Random House in New York, New York
If you have an analytical mindset, enjoy telling stories, are curious about the what and why of human behavior, and like working collaboratively, then we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a Consumer Insights Junior Analyst to support the Analytics team for Random House. This team translates insights into actionable recommendations to drive business decisions and has a unique birds-eye view into the publishing process, from the time of a book's acquisition to when it is in a reader's hands. This person will be responsible for aggregating, analyzing, and interpreting data—from multiple sources, both qualitative and quantitative—and communicating insights to decision-makers across the division.
This particular role will be focused on the growing opportunities within the Christian, Cooking, and other non-fiction categories.
In this role, you will:
• Utilize internal and licensed reporting tools to analyze and distill audience insights, online conversation, search trends, sales trends, and broader consumer trends.
• Conduct primary and secondary research, working with internal teams to build custom surveys, and collaborate with corporate data teams on larger scope projects.
• Identify business questions and translate insights into concise and actionable recommendations.
• Develop compelling insight reports and presentations using data, graphics, and effective storytelling to bring those insights to life.
• Work collaboratively across multiple internal teams in a cross-functional capacity.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience
• Exercise a curious, proactive, and strategic mindset, with a desire to remain up-to-date on consumer trends, specifically as it relates to the Christian, Cooking, and other non-fiction category markets
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving skills, and critical-thinking skills
• Comfortable working with both quantitative and qualitative data
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with an aptitude for telling stories through data in a way that's compelling, succinct, and actionable
• Proven organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Possess the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and Powerpoint
• Experience with online listening tools (Brandwatch, Buzzsumo, CrowdTangle, Tubular), audience insight tools (Affinio, AudienceView, YouGov), and/or survey platforms (Survey Monkey, Decipher)
• Experience with SQL and/or Power BI or other data visualization tools/design skills is a major plus
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.