Penguin Random House LLC Junior Analyst, Business Insights in New York, New York
POSITION SUMMARY: Random House is seeking a curious and data-driven problem solver to join our Analytics team.
This person will be responsible for aggregating, analyzing, and interpreting data—from multiple sources, both qualitative and quantitative—and communicating data-driven insights in a simple and succinct manner to decision-makers across the division. This role requires strong organizational and communication skills and requires candidates with an interest in both data analysis and publishing.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative, collaborative, and agile person looking to exercise their technical skills and learn about publishing from a unique vantage.
• Extract and analyze data related to pricing, marketing, and sales from external tools and internal sources
• Translate data into insights to answer business questions
• Develop clear and compelling data visualizations to bring insights to life
• Communicate with internal stakeholders in order to clarify questions, deliver findings, and seek feedback
• Develop templates for routine reporting that ensure accuracy and efficiency
• Identify business questions proactively and collaborate on cross-functional projects
• Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, statistics, or work experience in the same
• 1-2 years relevant work experience
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills--comfortable working with both quantitative and qualitative data
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal—ability to present technical findings simply and succinctly
• High level of professionalism—excellent organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to work with a team
• Proficiency with Excel and SQL required; proficiency with Power BI, R, or other data analysis tools is a plus
• A love for learning, finding answers in data, and stories
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York, NY
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 33628