Penguin Random House LLC Inventory Manager in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25388
The Inventory Manager is responsible for all aspects of inventory management for a designated product line and/or division—from intial publication through complete lifecycle of title.
This includes maintaining appropriate inventory levels by title to company targets of order fill rate, inventory turn and obsolescence rates.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Recommends and sets appropriate 1st print quantity based on estimates, publicity, sales track, etc
• Monitors receipt of initial orders vs estimates to make adjustments to print quantities as needed
• Analyzes daily/weekly POS information from accounts to determine if inventory on hand is sufficient to meet the anticipated demand for replenishment (in conjunction with Sales)
• Recommends/orders frontlist reprints as required
• Monitors inventory on backlist titles, along with sales trends, and initiates reprint discussions for regularly scheduled reprint meetings
• Reviews open orders for reprints and works with Production to adjust the due dates as needed (either earlier or later, depending upon changes in sales pattern)
• Prepares seasonal remainder and overstock lists for review with publisher and coordinates the appropriate disposition (scrap, remainder, donation, etc)
• Appropriate maintenance of prices, sales status, returns disposition and other status' within SAP.
• Reviews settings for digitally printed titles to adjust for changes in sales pattern (ie: minimum order quantity and reorder point) as well as to change the digital print platform as necessary
• If applicable, processes inventory transfer orders for consignment accounts/divisions
• Regular review for disposition of excess component inventory being stored at printers
• Acts as primary contact for warehouse personnel (including Customer Service)
• Special projects as needed
• 5 or more years experience in either inventory or sales related positions
• 4 or more years color experience a plus
• Microsoft Excel proficiency
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.