Penguin Random House LLC Fullstack Developer/Senior Developer in New York, New York
The Information Technology department at Penguin Random House (PRH) is looking for a fullstack Developer/Senior Developer to join their team. The Developer will work with a small development team within PRH in a dynamic, agile development environment.
• Hands-on development of web applications in Python/Django/ReactJS
• Lead the design, development, and maintenance of custom web applications (Senior developer)
• Build low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
• Maintain legacy and future-state software applications in alignment with broader business objectives
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
• 5+ years of hands-on software development experience, 8+ years to be considered at Senior level
• Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Experience building microservices
• Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work as a team or independently, be proactive, and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Comfortable with change, competing priorities, and continuous learning
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed
• AWS experience is a strong plus
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 131621 131621Penguin Random House LLC