Penguin Random House LLC Full-Stack Developer - Consumer Marketing in New York, New York
The Penguin Random House Consumer Marketing Group is seeking a Full-Stack Developer to join a digital team encompassing product design, engineering and product management disciplines. The digital team supports internally and outwardly facing products and programs, incorporating content, analytics, and digital and email marketing at the corporate level. You will be responsible for building and maintaining digital properties and platforms for all necessary audiences on all necessary devices.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Helping to design and develop solutions useable across properties and to advance the use of design patterns, modularization, and workflow automation.
• Using version control, JIRA, and other collaboration tools.
• Working with internal teams, including IT, to see that systems are properly integrated and that best practices are followed in line with digital infrastructures.
• Developing for various browser clients using RWD and partnering with design/UX in an agile team setting.
• Building user-centered experiences and interfaces to maximize usability, accessibility, and modularity.
• Leveraging internal and external RESTful APIs, databases, and other data sources.
• Supporting scale in a Word Press environment, including templates, themes, database tables, core files, etc.
• Supporting scale in Laravel applications (Models, Controllers, Views, Service Providers, etc.).
• Teaching and learning from a direct exchange of coding approaches with team members and participating in design and peer reviews.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Experience with relational databases
• Proven experience in agile development and an appreciation for design patterns
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate with and provide support to non-technical users
• Collaborative and able to forge productive partnerships with business owners, stakeholders, and non-technical team members.
• Comfort working in a CLI (Terminal) and working with remote servers
• Experience in Python, ESPs, CRM integrations, Voice UI, and mobile app development is a plus
• Experience using HTML5, CSS, JSON, some developing of XML/XSD
• Experience developing responsive implementations
• Understanding and practice of standard UX concepts
• Familiarity with SEO best practices, frontend and backend
• Comfort and experience with classical and prototypal concepts, data structures, and control structures Experience with source control technologies (e.g. git)
Experience with Node.js, npm, webpack/grunt, LESS/SASS, etc.
• Experience with development operations (‘devops'), e.g. configuring/provisioning development environments, a plus