Penguin Random House LLC Finance & Operations Assistant - Penguin Random House Publisher Services in New York, New York
The Penguin Random House Publisher Services team is seeking an assistant to work with their finance and operations team. PRHPS provides sales and distribution services to a wide roster of independent client publishers. This role would support the SVP of Finance and Operations and the various functions of the group. This includes: scheduling and managing seminars and events; working with the warehouse on operational issues; creating, running, and distributing reporting and information to clients; supporting the business and finance areas with ad-hoc data requests; and assisting marketing efforts, both for prospective clients and for our current clients. This is an ideal role for someone looking to get their feet wet in myriad aspects of the publishing business. Responsibilities
• Assist SVP with day-to-day needs
• Work with the operations team to run regular reporting
• Communicate with clients and follow-up on requests
• Help plan, schedule, and organize client-oriented events, days of learning, seminars, and trainings
• Assist in creating materials, documents, and presentations
• Participate in running ad-hoc financial and business intelligence reports
• Aid in measuring the impact of data manipulation to sales
• Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and ability to take initiative
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience in publishing or bookselling a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 40772