Penguin Random House LLC Finance Analyst, Random House in New York, New York
Finance Analyst, Random House Random House is the proud home of the world’s most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Our host of imprints—including Ballantine Bantam Dell, Del Rey/Spectra, The Dial Press, LucasBooks, The Modern Library, Random House, One World, Hogarth, Crown, Archetype, Tim Duggan Books, Clarkson Potter, Ten Speed Press, Harmony, Rodale, Currency, Convergent, Forum, Image, WaterBrook, and Multnomah. The Random House Finance and Analytics department is seeking an energetic, detail oriented self-starter to join our team as a Business Analyst. The team is responsible for crunching numbers in support of all departments within the division of the Random House Publishing Group. This position will have an active role in monthly reporting and analysis, budgeting, and ad hoc reporting. This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and motivated person looking to grow and learn. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monthly Close Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reporting packages
• Track and analyze departmental T&E expenses vs budget
• Conduct Marketing expense analysis
• Budgeting and Forecasting Assist in the development of the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts for all Random House Publishing Group imprints
• Develop, analyze and review Production, Departmental and Marketing expense budgets
• Maintain detailed title schedule including title specific projections
• Liaise with business partners to understand Budget drivers and inform forward looking projections
• Publishing Support Acquisition, Pricing, and Post-publication P&Ls
• Compile author histories
• Special Projects Format, category, and imprint analyses
• P&L analysis
• Marketing effectiveness studies
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Degree in Business, Finance, Ecnomics, or a related field
• 2-4 years of business experience in a finance/accounting role, or related analytical role
• Advanced MS Excel skills are mandatry for this role. Must be able to easily manipulate large volumes of data and use advanced formulas/pivot tables/v- and h-lookups, etc.
• Experience writing macros using Visual Basic a plus
• Working knowledge of Business Objects and/or SQL is strongly preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Understanding of basic financial principles
• Prior work experience within book publishing is a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 40855
We offer: Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program