Penguin Random House LLC Field Sales Manager - New York / New Jersey in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 26730
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager to join the Penguin Random House Sales team. Apply now!
This field based Sales Manager will sell titles across the Penguin Publishing Group to educational wholesale accounts throughout the country, as well as to a select number of independent bookstores throughout the New Jersey and upstate New York territory. This role maintains ongoing communication between the internal sales team and the accounts and provides consistent feedback internally regarding the sell in of titles and account needs. The ideal candidate will be based in New Jersey or New York.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Selling front list titles to Follett Higher Education, national educational wholesalers, and independent bookstores in the assigned territory.
• Handling backlist orders and reorder with an emphasis on maximizing sales growth.
• Maintaining knowledge of the publishing brands and titles, account base, and customer needs.
• Completing and submitting regular call reports.
• Communicating regularly with the Regional Sales Directors and internal sales teams.
• Coordinating with in-house sales and Penguin Random House sales counterparts.
• Collaborating with the Academic Marketing department and the entire PRH academic sales team.
• Developing promotional and marketing plans for the accounts to support Penguin publishing programs.
• Attending and participating in sales conferences, educational conferences, and teleconferences. Presenting titles to key accounts on Rep Nights, staff meetings, etc.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience, including direct selling
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong follow-up skills
• Ability to think creatively and recognize new sales opportunities or account prospects
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with SAP and Edelweiss a plus
• Ability to travel to accounts regularly via plane and/or car; driver's license required
• Familiarity with the educational marketplace is a plus