Penguin Random House LLC Field Sales Manager - New York Metro in New York, New York
We are searching for a creative and self-motivated individual to join the Penguin Random House Sales team as a Field Sales Manager! The ideal candidate will be located within the New York City Metro area and will be responsible for selling Crown and Random House Group adult titles to accounts located in NYC Metro territory. The Field Sales Manager will maintain knowledge of the publishing brands and titles, account base, and customer needs and liaise information between the accounts and internal sales team.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Selling front list titles and positioning backlist titles to maximize sales growth within the assigned territory.
• Communicating regularly with Regional Sales Directors and internal sales teams.
• Completing and submitting regular call reports.
• Coordinating with the in-house sales teams and Penguin Random House sales counterparts on growing sales opportunities.
• Attending sales meetings and conferences to provide territory feedback and title suggestions. Presenting titles to key accounts on Rep Nights, staff presentations, etc.
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience, including direct selling
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong follow-up skills
• Ability to think creatively and recognize new sales opportunities or account prospects
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to travel to accounts regularly via car; driver's license required
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.