Penguin Random House LLC Editor/Senior Editor - Razorbill in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 29043
Penguin Random House is seeking an Editor or a Senior Editor to acquire and edit fiction for the Razorbill imprint in Penguin Young Readers Group. This role will focus primarily on young adult and middle grade titles. Experience in picture books is a plus.
The ideal candidate will consistently pursue and attract new author talent and conceptualize innovative projects. In addition to the actual editorial work, the role will be fully involved in the publishing process through production and will work to make the title succeed after publication. Specific responsibilities include:
• Soliciting, acquiring, and editing books for publication.
• Working with the publicity and marketing teams to package and position books.
• Edit 10-12 titles per year.
• Acting as the in-house liaison between editorial and the production, design, and managing editorial departments, as well as the sales, marketing and publicity teams, for his/her acquisitions.
• Helping other Editors assess projects as needed.
• Liaising with authors and agents in all phases of the publishing process, from acquisition to publish date.
• Effectively representing own list as well as the Razorbill imprint to media, booksellers, foreign publishers, literary organizations, and other out-of-house contacts beyond authors and agents.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of publishing experience in editorial acquisitions
• Strong editing capabilities
• Established contacts in the agent community
• Strong knowledge of contract negotiations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to negotiate with authors and agents
• Proven ability to set priorities under pressure and multi-task effectively
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.