Penguin Random House LLC Editorial Assistant - Portfolio/Sentinel/Optimism in New York, New York
We have an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to join Penguin Random House! The Portfolio/Sentinel/Optimism imprint is seeking an Assistant to work with bestselling nonfiction books in the business, self-help, motivation, and narrative nonfiction categories. Reporting to the Editorial Director and providing additional support to the imprint as needed, this role will provide administrative support and help oversee the entire editorial process from proposal to published book. Specific responsibilities include:
• Writing flap copy, title information sheets, and catalog copy.
• Conducting sales research on competitive and comparative titles.
• Tracking and logging agented submissions, payment requests, and invoices; drafting contract and check requests.
• Managing information flows between authors, agents, editors, and other internal departments such as production, managing editorial, art, and rights.
• Evaluating manuscripts and writing reader reports for book proposal submissions.
• Providing general administrative support, including answering phones, taking messages, scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms, making copies, filing, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Driven self-starter eager to learn more about the business of publishing
• Curious and fluent in current events, politics, media, nonfiction books, and podcasts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a tight-knit, intensely collaborative team environment
• Strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Creative problem-solver who can anticipate needs of the imprint
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 40789