Penguin Random House LLC Editorial Assistant - Penguin Workshop in New York, New York
Penguin Workshop is looking for an editorial assistant to provide administrative support to the Editorial Director and assist in all stages of the editorial process from acquisition to publication.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Provides general administrative support (answers phones, photocopies, files, liaises with other departments, etc.)
• Corresponds with authors, agents, and other professional contacts
• Writes cover copy, catalog copy, and title information sheets
• Assists with acquisition paperwork and profit & loss statements
• Evaluates manuscripts and writes editorial letters
• Attends regular editorial and creative meetings
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Appreciation for pop culture, trends, and children's brands across the variety of media
• Excellent writing and copywriting skills
• Excellent follow-through skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to think creatively
• Attentive to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: new york
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 39576