Penguin Random House LLC Editorial Assistant - Penguin Random House Audio in New York, New York
Editorial Assistant – Penguin Random House Audio
Did you know that 50% of Americans have listened to an audiobook? Have you ever wondered how a print book becomes an audiobook? If you love audiobooks and want to learn more about this growing area of the publishing industry, we may have the perfect position for you!
Penguin Random House Audio is seeking an Editorial Assistant to join their dynamic, fast-paced team. Supporting the Audio Acquisitions team, the Assistant will perform a wide variety of tasks while interacting with colleagues across the entire Audio division and throughout the rest of the company. This role will work on the front- end of our audio publishing program, as we continue to grow our core business and expand our Spanish language audio program.
• Provides all information to Managing Editorial department to set up ISBNs for each new audio and large print acquisition.
• Creates and circulates announcements when new titles are dropped into the schedule.
• Enters additional title-specific information into our FileMakerPro database for each acquisition.
• Creates and routes deals in our internal system (SAP) when deals are completed with agents or outside publishers.
• Tracks audio-related language in head book agreements and enters into audio database.
• Maintains grid of deals with internal publishers.
• Orders contractual author copies for audio and large print.
• Launch meeting support (compiles title information sheets, minutes).
• Participates in creation of title information sheets.
• Provides general administrative support to supervisor and department (filing, answering phones, scheduling meetings).
• Prior office experience
• Interest in publishing and the audiobook business
• Demonstrated proficiency in Spanish
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 41297