Penguin Random House LLC Editorial Assistant - Berkley in New York, New York
Editorial Assistant - Berkley
Penguin Random House is seeking an Editorial Assistant to provide editorial and administrative support to the President of Putnam, Dutton and Berkley; the Editor-in-Chief of Berkley; and an Executive Editor with Berkley. This position offers a special glimpse at how the business works, hands-on experience with individual authors and is a rare opportunity to get an overview of the publishing business along with editorial training.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Providing general administrative support by answering phones, taking messages, scheduling meetings and business travel, prepping materials for department meetings, managing expense reports, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, and doing mailings.
• Trafficking review and revisions of the editorial departments' title information sheets (Tis) in preparation for three seasonal meetings.
• Prepare monthly sales reports, maintain and update Acquisition file, submission file, and attendance calendar.
• Communicating between authors, literary agents, and internal departments to coordinate and keep track of production process from finished manuscript to bound book.
• Writing promotional copy including TIs, online retail copy and package copy for approval.
• Draft pitch letters and managing campaigns for endorsement quotes on various titles, including trafficking mailings (electronic and print) and revision approvals.
• Preparing and routing P&Ls and contract information sheets for acquisitions.
• Evaluating manuscripts in conjunction with supervisors and writing reader reports.
• Begin training in editorial development of manuscripts in conjunction with editorial team.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience; prior publishing internship is a plus
• Excellent writing skills especially in writing promotional copy
• Proven ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Superb organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and willingness to learn in-house systems
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 37611