Penguin Random House LLC Editorial Assistant - Berkley in New York, New York
Editorial Assistant - Berkley
Penguin Random House is seeking an Editorial Assistant to provide editorial and administrative support to two Executive Editors. The Assistant will work closely with both editors on an impressive list of women's fiction and thrillers. This position provides the opportunity for growth and to learn about the overall editorial process and the inner workings of a publishing office.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Communicating between authors, literary agents, and internal departments to coordinate and keep track of production process from finished manuscript to bound book (including trafficking of copy edited manuscript, pages, galley copy, cover copy and cover mechanicals).
• Writing promotional copy including TIs, online retail copy and package copy for supervisor's approval. Also responsible for maintaining metadata for all editor(s) titles.
• Managing campaigns for endorsement quotes on various titles, including trafficking mailings (electronic and print) and revision approvals.
Drafting pitch letters.
• Ordering comp copies for all authors at publication.
• Preparing and routing P&Ls and contract information sheets for acquisitions.
• Evaluating manuscripts in conjunction with supervisors and writing reader reports.
• Begin training in editorial development of manuscripts in conjunction with editorial team.
• Providing general administrative support by answering phones, taking messages, scheduling meetings, prepping for department meetings, managing expense reports, archiving, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience; prior publishing internship is a plus
• Excellent writing skills especially in writing promotional copy
• Superb organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
• Strong interest in commercial fiction
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 39709