Penguin Random House LLC Editor, Audio in New York, New York
We have an exciting opportunity for an Editor to join the Penguin Random House Audio division! Audiobooks are the fasting growing segment of publishing and this department provides a view into the dynamics of this exciting industry and into publishing trends overall.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Managing an assigned list of publishers and acquiring audio rights from agents and out-of-house publishers.
• Receiving and considering submissions, negotiating fees and contract terms with agents, and serving as a primary point of contact for editors, publisher and subsidiary rights.
• Acting as lead editorial team member on audio-original projects and special productions.
• Presenting seasonal lists and setting priorities for producers, marketing, publicity, and sales.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 3-4 years of editorial experience in a book publishing house
• Genuine interest in the audiobook industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with public speaking preferred
• Ability to work well under pressure, problem-solve and to know when to escalate
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Strong knowledge of contract negotiations
• Strong organizational skills
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.