Penguin Random House LLC Ebook Development & Operations Assistant in New York, New York
Join our Ebook Development & Operations Group as an Assistant supporting the VPs and managing the daily operations for our team. The Assistant will provide general administrative support while learning about the overall process of making and quality-assuring ebook files, as well as tool development and best practices for this process.
The Ebook DevOps Group is a corporate service team within the Publishing Operations Group at PRH. We are responsible for producing thousands of ebooks annually for the PRH publishing divisions as well as for many of our publisher service clients, and for the care and updating of a large catalog of titles.
The Assistant has a diverse range of responsibilities:
• Schedules meetings and meeting setup including telepresence operations
• Handles and publishes agendas, minutes, and action items as well as occasional catering for meetings
• Provides general administrative support to VPs
• Interfaces with other corporate teams and contacts throughout our organization
• Supports the broader team by coordinating travel arrangements as needed, occasional office move coordination, handling expense reports, coding invoices, maintaining a hardware inventory, coordinating training, writing the team's weekly newsletter, managing internal onboarding & offboarding, and generating monthly reports
• Helps with ebook testing and research as well as ebook QA as needed
• Prior office experience
• Interest in and enthusiasm for the book publishing industry and digital books
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent organizational skills, follow-through, and resourcefulness
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think analytically
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
• Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and comfort using a Mac are necessary
• Technical savvy
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: new york
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 36922