Penguin Random House LLC DK- Sales Manager in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25384
DK is looking to fill the position of Sales Manager to serve as a liaison to PRH Independent & Specialty Field forces working to drive sales and set direction for our adult, travel and children's lists.
In addition to working closely with the PRH sales team, this person will work with in-house sales personnel to grow sales in particular avenues and channels. They will be a key player in ensuring we meet and exceed sales budgets across frontlist and backlist for DK in the US.
• Under the direction of the VP of Sales set sales goals for the Independent and Specialty field forces, focusing on sales priorities and reforecasting across the year as needed
• Track key titles from budgeting to sell-in to laydown to sell through and reacting to conditions as necessary
• Work with sales, marketing, publicity and publishing team to manage book sales into these channels
• Analyze sales reports, monitor market conditions and competitor activity
• Provide sales specific feedback working in conjunction with the reps
• Represent these channels in internal meetings
• Work across departments (editorial, marketing and publicity and inventory) to maximize each titles potential within the marketplace
• Occasional travel to represent DK at consumer and trade festivals.
years of experience in adult or
• Proven ability to create retail promotions and develop other strategies to increase sales in the Independent channel
• Ownership of sales channel without direct sales responsibilities
• Proven relationship-building skills internally and externally with diverse stakeholders
• Ability to budget/forecast accurately.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve strategic goals set forth by manager
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.