Penguin Random House LLC DK - National Account Manager in New York, New York
Company: Dorling Kindersley Publishing LLC
Requisition ID: 27221
Penguin Random House is currently seeking a National Account Manager to join the DK Sales team!
This position is responsible for selling and positioning DK titles to the Clubs and Walmart. Specific responsibilities include:
• Maximizing DK sales and market share at account base.
• Responsible for selling on a monthly/seasonal basis in all aspects of managing the account base.
• Creating and maintaining a monthly forecast for each account and communicating in a constructive manner the opportunities and challenges.
• Building and strengthening relationships with retailers, publishers and sales management.
• Liaising with the Marketing, Publishing, and Publicity teams on all aspects of business relating to key accounts, including daily sales reporting, title positioning and merchandising, and seasonal, annual, and promotional reviews.
• Maintaining regular communication regarding account information to retailers, publishers and sales management.
• Actively participating in all publisher meetings, specifically with regard to account updates and customer needs.
• Reviewing, processing, and submitting customer orders.
• Working with the Inventory and Customer Service departments on all matters related to shipping and delivery for customer base.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, and administering co-op pools for all account and distributors.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years publishing sales experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and effectively problem solve
• Strong presentation skills
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline drive environment, travel required
• Highly organized with the ability to self-start and manage multiple competing priorities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experiencec using SAP and Business Objects a plus
Please apply to this position by using our online application process.
DK is the bestselling publisher of highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children. Our aim is to inform, enrich and entertain readers of all ages through beautifully designed content. Publishers of the Eyewitness series for children, the award-winning Eyewitness Travel Guides and the creators of the online homework help website DKfindout!. DK is part of Penguin Random House and is also the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series, Prima Games, video gaming publishers, as well as the award-winning travel publisher, Rough Guides. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.