Penguin Random House LLC DK - Marketing Manager, Children's in New York, New York
Company: Dorling Kindersley Publishing LLC
Requisition ID: 25241
DK is seeking a creative, organized, and dynamic Marketing Manager to oversee title-specific marketing campaigns for both frontlist and backlist titles, with a focus on the children's list. Duties include: developing and executing marketing plans and strategy; collaborating with the publicity, digital, and education/library teams to create plans; managing a budget; presenting at internal and external meetings; and extensive copywriting.
The role requires an incredibly detail-oriented, creative, proactive, and strategic professional who is able to multi-task, set priorities, and manage a multitude of complex projects within budget and deadlines. Responsibilities:
• Brainstorm, develop, and execute marketing campaigns and strategy for key children's titles
• Collaborate with UK peers and, on occasion, work on global strategic title plans
• Review and share post-mortem analysis of each measurable campaign for future opportunities
• Collaborate with sales reps to create materials which support their efforts
• Collaborate with VP and Sr Director, as well as other team members, to shape overall title strategy and to execute larger initiatives
• Communicate plans and strategies to in-house team, including publishing and sales
• Build and maintain relationships with external partners
• Plan and travel occasionally to represent DK at consumer and trade festivals Qualifications:
• 4+ years of experience in book marketing (children's book experience preferred)
• Experience managing high-level campaigns
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Knowledge of the consumer market
• Knowledge of the general book marketplace and trends
• Strong communication skills
Please apply through our online application process to be considered for this position.
DK is the bestselling publisher of highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children. Our aim is to inform, enrich and entertain readers of all ages through beautifully designed content. Publishers of the Eyewitness series for children, the award-winning Eyewitness Travel Guides and the creators of the online homework help website DKfindout!. DK is part of Penguin Random House and is also the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series, Prima Games, video gaming publishers, as well as the award-winning travel publisher, Rough Guides. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.