Penguin Random House LLC Director, Online & Digital Sales in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 26780
We are currently seeking a Director, Online & Digital Sales to join the Penguin Random House Sales team!
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a team selling adult Random House, Crown & Knopf titles to a wide variety of online & digital retailers.
Additionally, the Director will manage our existing relationships with accounts including Amazon, Apple, Google, Audible and Kobo while overseeing initiatives and strategies for maximizing sales within the channel.
Other responsibilities include:
• Communicating inventory, reprint and marketing support needs with sales division heads and publishers.
• Identifying sales opportunities and strategizing on the growth of front- and backlist titles at key online accounts.
• Participating in optimizing account merchandising and metadata.
• Working closely with publishers and sales management to identify and resolve potential account issues.
• Coordinating with accounts to share, define and develop opportunities.
• Liaising with publishing and account teams on marketing and promotional opportunities in stores and online.
• Providing feedback to sale and publishing teams on market trends and account initiatives. Partnering with Online & Digital Sales Director who manages the Penguin team to streamline account communication.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 7 years of prior publishing sales/marketing experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and problem solve
• Proactive and able to adapt to changing priorities and environments
• Proven ability to successfully plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
• Prior supervisory experience
• Knowledgeable of the overall book market, including familiarity with industry supply chain, authors, titles, category performance, and publishing trends
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint Experience creating and managing budgets is a plus