Penguin Random House LLC Developer in New York, New York
Summary This is a great opportunity to join an agile and dynamic technology team, in the largest English language publisher.
The Penguin Random House IT group has an immediate opening for a developer to support internal and external facing applications.
• Familiarity with how to with how to retrieve data from databases and other systems and tools using queries, exporting capabilities, and other effective methods.
• Fully responsible for deliverables, including definition, completion, and technical quality, as well as assuring consistency across the responsibility span.
• Develop Python scripts in a Linux environment.
• Develop applications.
• Experience in Data Modeling and Architecture.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and a keen desire to learn.
• 3+ years of Python development experience.
• 3+ years of SQL development.
• 1+ years of React or Knockout development experience.
• Shell scripting and knowledge of Linux environments.
• Some experience in AWS preferred.
• Experience with relational databases (e.g. MYSQL).
• Excellent system design and analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Diplomatic, professional, customer-facing.
• Bachelors in computer science or equivalent work experience. Experience with these, or similar tools, a plus:
• SOLR search platform.
• Amazon - Sagemaker, AMI's, ML Solutions Lab.
• Google - BigQuery, Dataproc, Spanner.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 33062