Penguin Random House LLC Developer, Penguin Random House IT in New York, New York
The Information Technology department at Penguin Random House (PRH) is looking for a Developer to join their team.
This developer will report into a Senior Developer. Our developers build products and services that are designed well, developed fast, and provide value. The Developer will work with a small development team within PRH in a dynamic, agile development environment.
• Work on existing and new web projects in the PRH Applications suite to support both internal and external users
• Build, test, ship, and iterate these technology products during their launch and early lifecycle as they grow and scale, in an atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation.
• Work closely with the team to execute on the timetables agreed in conjunction with partner teams inside and outside PRH.
• Will be involved in all aspects of development for the products, including infrastructure, services, and frontend development (full-stack), working in collaboration with PRH business units, systems and resources as well as outsourced technology and resources.
• Strong technical knowledge and skills in areas including flexible infrastructure (e.g., AWS), RESTful APIs and service-based architecture, dev ops, and frontend development (web and mobile) are critical. The role involves working with the latest technologies, with a focus on automating tasks where possible and building tools as part of the frontend development workflow.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
• At least 1 year experience working with web-based technologies
• Strong knowledge with modern web standards including HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+
• Familiarity designing and implementing RESTful APIs
• Working knowledge of object-oriented design
• Familiarity with agile software development methodology
• Familiarity with source code control
• Excellent communication skills
The environment you'll be working in
• SCSS Modules
• CI/CD pipeline to production w/GitLab CI
• Test automation for unit, integration
• Jest and Enzyme unit tests