Penguin Random House LLC Designer/Senior Designer - Creative Marketing Services in New York, New York
Love books? Passionate about design? We're a fast-paced, innovative creative team within Penguin Random House, and we want you to join us!
We are seeking a Designer or Senior Designer to conceptualize and design marketing, publicity, and promotional materials under tight deadlines. Working for the Berkley, Dutton, Plume, and Putnam imprints, this position will work closely with the Art Director to refine designs, incorporate feedback, and route work to internal departments.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Conceptualizing and designing print and digital promotional materials for our books, including but not limited to print and digital ads, social media images, emails, website assets, infographics, postcards, bookmarks, advance reader copies, and point-of-purchase displays.
• Submitting pixel-perfect, typo-free print and digital work to media partners, printers, and vendors.
• Photo researching and retouching.
• Creating book mockups/product shots in Photoshop.
• Working with ad traffickers to generate ad tags and trackers for digital advertising.
• Designing presentations for sales conferences and author and agent meetings.
• Keeping up to date on design trends and marketing news.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years of design or advertising/promotions experience; minimum of 4 years' experience to be considered at the Senior level
• Prior book publishing experience a plus
• Genuine interest in Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Romance books a plus
• Excellent design ability as demonstrated by a stellar portfolio
• Proven ability to create and revise designs under tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Experience with color correction, retouching, and preparing files for print: digital and offset
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Knowledge of HTML, HTML5, Google Web Designer, and Adobe Dreamweaver a plus
• Knowledge of video editing (Adobe Premiere) and animation (Adobe After Effects) a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.