Penguin Random House LLC Designer - RHCB Brands and Licensing in New York, New York
Random House Children's Books is searching for a Designer to join their Art department as a Designer. This role will work across all formats, including 8X8's, leveled readers, chapter books, picture books, board books and activity books, for all Brands and Licensed titles. The Designer will handle all phases of book cover and interior design from conception through production for notable licenses and brands, including Dr. Seuss, Sesame Street, Mercer Meyer, Richard Scary, Disney, DC, and Nickelodeon, as well as movie tie-in titles.
The Designer will work closely with the Executive Art Director and all external brands and licensing teams to incorporate feedback and refine designs. This is an incredible opportunity to manage all stages of cover and interior design for bestselling children's titles!
In this role, you will:
• Produce mechanicals and comps for all design work.
• Research illustrations and photographs and negotiate contracts with artists and agencies for use in books.
• Prepare cover files for promotional use in catalogs and create electronic files and traditional mechanicals necessary for the publishing process.
• Collaborate with the editorial department to develop visual concepts.
• Monitor costs and keep within established budget guidelines.
• Trafficking design work to meet internal and external scheduling deadlines.
• Evaluate work progression with internal departments to address all special issues in relation to the completion of a project.
• Review design samples and provide samples to editorial meetings as necessary.
• Perform other related projects or duties as assigned or required.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years of design experience; children's book design experience preferred
• Proven ability to create cohesive, distinctive and appropriate book designs across a wide variety of formats
• Knowledge of typography
• Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and meet tight production deadlines
• Ability to work conceptually under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Proven ability to work independently and within a larger team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 35406