Penguin Random House LLC Designer - Creative Marketing Services in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is seeking a Designer to conceptualize and design marketing, publicity, and promotional materials primarily for the Penguin Press imprint. The ideal candidate will perform well under tight deadlines, seek innovative design content solutions, and manage multiple projects in a well-organized and detail-oriented fashion.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Conceptualizing and designing print and digital promotional materials for assigned titles, including but not limited to print and digital ads, social media images, emails, website assets, infographics, postcards, bookmarks, advance reader copies, and point-of-purchase displays.
• Working closely with the Art Director to refine designs, incorporate feedback, and route work to internal departments.
• Photo researching and retouching.
• Creating book mockups/product shots in Photoshop.
• Working with ad traffickers to generate ad tags and trackers for digital advertising.
• Designing presentations for sales conferences and author and agent meetings.
• Keeping up to date on design trends and marketing news.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of two years' experience as a staff designer, publishing experience a plus
• Excellent design ability as demonstrated by a stellar portfolio
• Proven ability to create and revise designs under tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Experience with color correction, retouching, and preparing files for print: digital and offset
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Knowledge of HTML, HTML5, Google Web Designer, and Adobe Dreamweaver a plus
• Knowledge of video editing (Adobe Premiere) and animation (Adobe After Effects) a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.