Penguin Random House LLC Design Assistant, Interiors - Vintage and Anchor Books in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 27695
Design Assistant - Interiors Vintage Books and Anchor Books
The Vintage Books and Anchor Books design department seeks a creative design assistant to join its dynamic in-house team. Vintage Books is a leading publisher of influential works of world literature to cutting-edge contemporary fiction and distinguished nonfiction. It is today's foremost trade paperback publisher.
The Design Assistant will work closely with the Design Director, as well as the Editorial and Production departments, to produce trade paperback and mass-market titles. The applicant must be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Resizing existing hardcover titles for the paperback edition
• Redesigning and setting hardcover-to-paperback conversions
• Designing original Vintage and Anchor titles
• Maintaining schedules and meeting deadlines on assigned projects
• Assisting the design director with tasks as needed
• Bachelor's degree with a focus on graphic design
• A passion and eye for good typography
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• An understanding of book publishing processes is desirable
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Technical skills required:
• Advanced proficiency in current versions of InDesign and Acrobat Pro
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
• Familiarity with QuarkXpress, Microsoft Office, and FileMaker Pro
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.