Penguin Random House LLC Coordinator, Design & Brand in New York, New York
Coordinator, Design & Brand
The Corporate Communications team are looking for an Associate, Brand Communications, to join their busy, fast-moving team. Communication is the at the heart of what we do here at Penguin Random House; the team has a uniquely central position in the organization, producing content, managing our intranet, driving our community work, promoting our culture and values, managing social impact partnerships, and much more. This role is a great opportunity for a communications professional who has experienced digital design skills, is a strong writer, and has a passion for engaging with and further developing our well-loved brand.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
Art & Design:
• Lead the design and art direction for Corporate Communications visual deliverables while ensuring brand integrity
• Create Intranet assets such as banners and thumbnails. Including creating templates for recurring Intranet features
• Create visuals for events and announcements including flyers, posters, invitations, etc. Design and coordinate placement of social responsibility campaign visuals
• Images for social media
• Flyers, handouts, posters
• Online banner ads
• PRH email ad spots
Lead video projects such as year-end videos and news compilation videos
• Organize and gather video assets
• Manage freelance videographers to script and edit videos
• Design advertisements for industry event journals and other materials
General Corp Comms Support:
• Create corporate and C-suite executives' PowerPoint presentations and adhere to both brand guidelines and specific criteria from team members
• Assist other team members with presentation layout and cleanup
• Strategically present information with graphs, icons, charts and more
• Provide support for Intranet WordPress posts and articles
• Assist with the design and other elements of global communications projects and initiatives such as global newsletters
• Advance and support Penguin Random House's culture and social responsibility / social impact programs and partnerships
• Translate business objectives into ideas that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, engaging, and in-keeping with brand expression and standards
• Collaborate in new campaign ideation and brainstorming, including creative direction
• Contribute to the development and execution of global brand assets, including digital, video, and print
• Advise other departments on the correct use of our brand guidelines
• Serve as liaison between Corporate Communications and the PRH social media team
• Create visual assets for PRH social team to use on their platforms and handles
• General content creation and management for the @PRH_News twitter handle
• Manage the PRH LinkedIn page and post articles and updates regularly
• Create and send daily social media recaps
• 3 years' experience in a relevant field, ideally within media/fashion
• Strong graphic design, photo-editing, video-editing skills
• Proficiency using WordPress (or other CMS), Adobe Creative, and Photoshop is highly advantageous.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high volume environment
• Strong PowerPoint skills.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
• Strong interpersonal skills, & ability to multi-task successfully
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 34398