Penguin Random House LLC Contracts Assistant, Subsidiary Rights in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 28719
Contracts Assistant - Subsidiary Rights
The Contracts Department at Penguin Random House is looking for a detail-oriented individual to join their contracts team as a Subsidiary Rights Contracts Assistant. The Assistant will liaise with agencies and publishers around the world to draft and process foreign and domestic rights contracts for the Random House Group imprints, including Random House, Ballantine, Del Ray and Spiegel & Grau.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your knowledge of contracts and rights licensing in the book publishing industry, and to work with a diverse range of adult fiction and non-fiction titles.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drafting, reviewing, and processing subsidiary rights contracts for the sale of foreign and domestic rights.
• Learning to read, draft and negotiate contracts, including standard terms and special approvals when needed.
• Collaborating closely with the Random House rights group team members to ensure accuracy and execution of deal terms.
• Communicating frequently with publishers and foreign subagents to solve and negotiate contract conflicts and issues.
• Working with colleagues in the author contracts and royalties departments.
• Maintaining and updating contract records in PRH's Rights Management System. Using the Rights Management System to prepare and review monthly contract status reports and other reporting as needed.
• Performing various administrative tasks including managing, routing, and following up on contract agreements.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 1 year related experience; experience in subsidiary rights or contracts a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent proofreading and contract drafting skills
• Must be highly organized, with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask & prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.