Penguin Random House LLC Contracts Assistant - Subsidiary Rights, Viking/Berkley in New York, New York
Contracts Assistant - Subsidiary Rights, Viking/Berkley The Contracts Department at Penguin Random House is seeking a Subsidiary Rights Contracts Assistant to join their team. Collaborating with agencies and publishers around the world as well as with some of the biggest newspapers and magazines in the country, the Assistant will draft and process both foreign and domestic rights contracts for many of the Penguin Publishing Group imprints, including Viking, Berkley, and TarcherPerigee. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the book publishing industry’s rights licensing process on a global scale and to work with a diverse range of adult fiction and nonfiction titles.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Supporting the Associate Contracts Manager with drafting, proofreading, and processing domestic and foreign subsidiary rights contracts.
• Collaborating closely with Subsidiary Rights team members who sell book rights including translation, book club, large print, reprint, serial, and audio.
• Responding to publishers and foreign subagents regarding contract details and queries.
• Working with colleagues in the author contracts and royalties departments.
• Maintaining and updating contract records in PRH’s Rights Management System. Using the Rights Management System to prepare and review monthly contract status reports and other reporting as needed.
• Providing administrative support by tracking, routing, and following up on contract agreements.
• Researching rights, contract terms, and special language from author agreements.
• Working on special projects as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Interest in contracts and/or subsidiary rights
• Excellent proofreading skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superb attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask & prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 41126