Penguin Random House LLC Contracts Assistant, Random House in New York, New York
Contracts Assistant, Random House We are currently seeking a Contracts Assistant to work with the Contracts Director of the Random House division. The Contracts Department uses a business-minded approach to create and interpret legal documents that govern the publication of our books.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the publishing business! Responsibilities:
• Providing administrative support to the Contracts Director
• Drafting and negotiating contracts and contract amendments
• Handling rights reversions
• Revising/updating/finalizing contract records in our proprietary system
• Conducting contract research
• Fielding contracts inquiries from other departments such as Editorial, Subsidiary Rights, Royalties and the Remainders Departments
• Assisting and supporting department as needed
• Interest in publishing and contracts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively and efficiently
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow up on tasks/projects with no reminder
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Eagerness to take on new projects while staying on top of all other tasks and responsibilities
• Ability to handle workload pressures and the pressure of contract negotiations
• Prior office experience a plus
• Experience using SAP a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 38014