Penguin Random House LLC Associate Video Producer in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 18241
NOTE: If you do not have direct hands on experience creating motion graphics/animation then please do not apply. Must include links to recent video work that you have created, shot and/or edited, clearly calling out your role in each work.
Your Challenge: The Penguin Random House Digital Video team is seeking an Associate Video Producer. The primary focus of this role will be creating videos and animations featuring motion graphics/text treatment/stock footage from a variety of sources. Additionally, this role will also be asked to contribute to live action video productions including producing, shooting, and editing live action footage (talking head interviews, live events, off-site shoots, etc). The Associate Video Producer will report directly to the PRH Senior Video Producer. The Associate Video Producer will be asked to:
• Work with PRH author teams to refine video project concepts
• Assemble/optimize graphic assets needed to create motion graphics videos
• Edit video projects to completion including title treatment, music, sound effects, color, graphic animations, etc.
• Research and keep up with external video initiatives/innovations
• Assist in the training/communication of video endeavors to internal Penguin Random House audience
• Brainstorm and pitch original ideas for creative video project development within the digital video team
• Eventually produce/manage live action shoots when needed
Your Profile: The ideal candidate:
• 2+ years experience in some form of motion graphics (animation, kinetic text, etc.); College-level experience OK (Must include links to recent video work samples)
• Strong experience with Adobe After Effects and/or Apple Motion and/or similar (required)
• Strong experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and/or any range of comparable graphics tools (required)
• At least some experience with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro X and/or Adobe Premiere (required)
• Some experience with illustration work (not required but a MAJOR plus)
• Some experience and/or interest in using a video camera and running a basic video shoot (not required but a MAJOR plus)
• An excellent listener, can display patience and level-headedness especially while fielding time-sensitive requests (client-facing experience a plus)
• Very familiar with YouTube, FB Video, FB Live, Instagram and similar digital video distribution platforms
• Interest and/or experience in creative prose or scriptwriting (a plus)
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Comfortable with Google Docs (Spreadsheets, Forms, etc.)
• Comfortable with Mac
• An interest in books, authors, publishing (a plus)
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.