Penguin Random House LLC (Associate) National Account Manager, B&N - Random House Publishing in New York, New York
Are you looking for the next step in your sales career? Then apply now for this exciting role within the Random House Adult Sales team!
We are seeking an Associate National Account Manager or a National Account Manager to sell all frontlist and backlist paperback and hardcover titles of the Random House Publishing division to Barnes & Noble. This position will manage the full title list, arrange advertisements, coordinate business reviews, and set goals for assigned titles.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Maximizing sales growth within the established account base by acquiring and renewing orders.
• Preparing and presenting all relevant titles and special promotions to account.
• Attending and participating at internal meetings including planning, sales, and marketing meetings.
• Working closely with each imprint on title development and strategy.
• Visiting B&N on a monthly basis to sell new lists and backlist, gather feedback on sell-through, account news, and acquire other industry-related information.
• Communicating regularly with sales management regarding account activities, including reorders, account strategy, etc.
• Sharing in the supervision of an assistant by assigning work, overseeing progress, and providing feedback.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience, direct selling experience a plus
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, follow up as needed, and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with public speaking preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the year via plane, train, and/or car
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.