Penguin Random House LLC (Associate) National Account Manager, B&N - Penguin Publishing Group in New York, New York
The Penguin Adult Sales team is seeking an Associate National Account Manager or a National Account Manager to join their team! This role will sell and manage the title base, promotions, and business relationships with Barnes & Noble on behalf of the Penguin Publishing Group, working primarily with the Penguin Press, Putnam and Riverhead imprints. If you are looking for the opportunity to sell literary and upmarket fiction and nonfiction titles to a key national account, this may be the perfect position for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Presenting all frontlist and backlist titles and special promotions to the B&N account and optimizing all title opportunities through in-store and online promotions.
• Planning merchandising and promotions for assigned title base to stores, online, and Nook.
• Attending regular meetings including, but not limited to imprint launch, marketing, title opportunity, strategy, and sales conference meetings.
• Working closely with each imprint on title development and strategy.
• Visiting B&N on a monthly basis to sell new lists and backlist, and gathering feedback on sell-through, account news, and other industry-related information.
• Sharing in the supervision of an assistant by assigning work, overseeing progress, and providing feedback.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years prior publishing sales experience, direct selling experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
• Strong follow up skills
• Highly organized, with the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proactive with the ability to work well under pressure
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 10% by car, train, or plane within the domestic U.S
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.