Penguin Random House LLC Associate Managing Editor - Penguin in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 24817
Penguin Publishing Group is looking for a detail-oriented individual to join the Managing Editorial department as an Associate Managing Editor. In this role, the individual will support an Executive Managing Editor in coordinating and monitoring the production process, from manuscript to bound book, for the Penguin imprint.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Setting up and maintaining title metadata in SAP.
• Assisting supervisor with all scheduling related functions and communication with various internal departments.
• Tracking and reporting schedules and due dates for books in production.
• Managing all reprint corrections and department library.
• Working on all phases of text and cover production processes from manuscripts to bound books and overseeing freelancers.
• Providing support to the Executive Managing Editor.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of prior book publishing experience
• Copyediting and proofreading experience
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
• Superb organization and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and work on multiple projects at one time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.