Penguin Random House LLC Associate Manager/Manager - Specialty Retail Sales in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is looking for an Associate Manager or Manager to join the Specialty Retail Sales team! Working closely with the entire channel's sales team to generate new sales for all imprints across the company, the role will focus on growing business for the home, garden, and gift accounts. This unique position will also maintain and service the account base while responding to customer needs. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of new business, while working with a wide variety of titles!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Maximizing sales growth within the established account base by acquiring and renewing orders.
• Developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with key customers.
• Communicating with management regarding account activities (i.e. reorders, account strategy).
• Working closely with other sales managers to develop sales skills, product, and market knowledge.
• Preparing monthly sales reports.
• Maintaining account databases, which includes updating buyer contact information and logging communications and outreach to accounts.
• Positioning relevant frontlist and backlist titles within the account base.
• Analyzing sales data as it pertains to budgets and creating strategies to maximize the sales within these budgets.
• Staying up-to-date on new titles and other general information for customers.
• Communicating with key accounts on all matters pertaining to buying, distributing, and marketing.
• Attending trade shows as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years of prior sales experience, including direct selling
• Experience within book publishing a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Highly organized with the ability to self-start and prioritize a heavy workload
• Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on numbers and financials
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the year, via plane, train, or car
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience with Salesforce and Mail Chimp a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.