Penguin Random House LLC Associate Manager/Manager, Specialty Retail Sales in New York, New York
Join the Penguin Random House Special Markets sales team as an Associate Manager or Manager, Specialty Retail Sales! This role responsible for selling all core and client titles into niche retail and wholesale accounts for select categories, as well as overseeing Penguin Random House’s relationship with select specialty retail national accounts. .
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working closely with internal colleagues (editorial, marketing, publicity, and inventory) and external contacts to maximize each title’s potential in the marketplace, overall sales and market share at account base.
• Maintain regular communication regarding account information to retailers, publishers, imprint sales team and management.
• Responsible for selling on a monthly/seasonal basis and conduct in-person seasonal previews.
• Create and maintain a monthly forecast for each account and communicate in a constructive manner the opportunities and challenges.
• Research and develop new markets for core and client titles.
• Craft targeted pitches, business development emails, and seasonal PowerPoint title and theme presentations.
• Maintain a Salesforce database, including contact information and account notes.
• Travel as necessary to sales appointments, conferences, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in adult or children’s publishing and/or experience working in a bookstore to be considered at the Associate Manager level and a minimum of 5 years to be considered at the Manager level
• Proven ability to create retail promotions and develop other strategies to increase sales
• Proven relationship-building skills internally and externally
• Ability to budget/forecast accurately
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve strategic goals set forth by manager
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to travel via car, train or plane up to 20% of the time
• Prior account management experience is preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 40827