Penguin Random House LLC Associate Manager, Product Development - Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
The Product Development Associate Manager plays a crucial role in helping grow Random House Children's Books' licensing business. We are looking for a highly organized and creative individual who understands the need to balance commercial and creative needs striving to achieve the very best design whilst aware of commercial and pricing pressures. This role is for someone with a passion for children's literary brands, interest in developing licensed merchandise and will work across Random House Children's Books' portfolio of successful brands.
Reporting into the Director, key responsibilities include:
• Day-to-day product development and approval via Brand Comply - our closed system approval software.
• Achieving the best possible product from your licensees while balancing the needs of creative and commercial.
• Proactively seek to improve process wherever possible.
• Help inspire licensees to set the benchmark in creative design and development using the most up to date assets.
• Be willing to take a flexible approach to design and development acknowledging that designs may not conform with our guidelines and yet achieves market leading product.
• Understand the competitive environment and the retail market place and strive to seek ways to develop a competitive advantage. Research local trends and share with Management.
• Ensure approvals correspondence and imagery is logically stored and accessible on the privately maintained server.
• Manage storage of contractual samples.
• Conduct creative induction for all new licensees. Present new design guides to licensees.
• Marketing approvals: Manage and oversee approval of brand marketing materials including: sell sheets, brand decks and trade show assets.
• Administrative and ad-hoc tasks as required.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience across hard and softline categories.
• Good commercial awareness and understanding of North American retail.
• Ability to identify and solve design/concept problems.
• Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
• Graphic design experience desirable.
• General knowledge of manufacturing process and how they apply to products. Ability to work as part of a team.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New Hampshire
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 33574