Penguin Random House LLC Associate Manager, Marketing - Vintage/Anchor in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25189
Associate Manager, Marketing , Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group is seeking a Marketing Associate to join the academic marketing team. Reporting to the Executive Director of Academic Marketing, this position plays a key role in bringing literary fiction and serious nonfiction titles to college professors and high school teachers through innovative consumer-facing marketing campaigns. Responsibilities:
• Coordinating the creation, implementation, and execution of assigned marketing campaigns
• Ensuring all aspects of each campaign is completed successfully and on time
• Preparing for and attending book exhibits and academic conferences
• Creating and updating marketing content on company websites
• Managing, designing, and advertising schedule
• Creating and managing newsletters and catalogs, including selecting featured titles and writing copy
• 1-2 years of related work experience, academic publishing experience strongly preferred
• Possesses a keen understanding of book marketing
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
• Basic understanding of key marketing concepts, including email and social media marketing and traditional book marketing
• Ability to travel up to 6-7 times throughout the year across the domestic U.S.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Adobe Design Suite, strongly preferred
• Knowledge of HTML and WordPress.com, a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status