Penguin Random House LLC Associate Editor - Random House Children's Books Licensed Publishing in New York, New York
Associate Editor - Random House Children's Books Licensed Publishing
Random House Children's Books has an opportunity for an assistant or associate level editor to manage approximately 30 titles per year including board books, storybooks, leveled readers, chapter books, and activity books based on major licensed properties from Disney, Nickelodeon, Universal/Dreamworks, Marvel, DC Comics, and many others. Must be comfortable working on rush projects under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
• Brainstorming new book and series ideas with licensors
• Hiring authors
• Editing manuscripts
• Writing title information sheets
• Obtaining licensor approvals
• Collaborating with designers
• Reviewing all stages of book development
• Presenting individual titles and book series at Sales Conferences
• 2 years or more of children's editorial experience
• Interest in and enthusiasm for licensed book publishing
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York, NY
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 33572