Penguin Random House LLC Associate Director, Sales & Product Management - International in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 26527
Join Penguin Random House's International Sales & Marketing department!
We are currently seeking an Associate Director to oversee and implement sales strategies across all sales channels within China, while working closely with sales and publishing colleagues from both Penguin Random House US and Penguin Random House China.
This unique role will focus on capitalizing on exciting growth opportunities in China, including further developing successful English Language Training (ELT) and education sales through both print and digital partnerships.
Other responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with the China sales team to implement solutions and provide recommendations that align with strategic goals.
• Partners with publishing divisions and distribution clients to determine product focus for trade, ELT/education, and special markets/proprietary channels in China and continually monitors product performance.
• Analyzes sales reports and statistics to determine growth potential and strategies for all sales channels.
• Liaises between Sales Directors and Managers in NYC and China to ensure the coordination of sales activities.
• Actively pursues new customers and sales opportunities. Suggests publication strategies for Penguin Random House including specialized formats and printings for China.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of international book publishing sales and/or retail experience
• Prior ELT/education sales experience in print and digital formats
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external colleagues
• Strong understanding and knowledge of children's publishing
• Ability to think creatively and to develop and implement new ideas
• Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple competing projects at a time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel internationally up to 6 weeks per year