Penguin Random House LLC Associate Director, Marketing Analytics in New York, New York
Associate Director, Marketing Analytics
The Consumer Marketing Development group at Penguin Random House is seeking an Associate Director, Marketing Analytics to join our team. This team manages corporate consumer outreach programs (websites, campaigns, email programs) that aim to influence book discovery at scale.
The team also supports our publishing divisions by providing best-in-class tools, training, insights, and technology that help marketers do their jobs more efficiently. The Associate Director will lead the analytical arm of the group in a wide range of analytical disciplines (web analytics, campaign performance, CRM strategies, data management, etc).
This is a high impact role requiring not only analytical and technical expertise, but also the ability to shape strategy and lead teams towards shared goals.
• Manage a team of 3 professionals in various analytical and data-related projects.
• Define growth strategies and KPIs for our core consumer-facing websites and email programs.
• Advise upon campaign and customer acquisition strategies by creating frameworks for measurement (such as CLTV).
• Direct and guide the development of analytical tools and applications that support hundreds of marketers throughout the company.
• Oversee our Tag Management (Tealium) and Web Analytics (Adobe Analytics) products.
Advise on tracking best practices, to ensure we're capturing the right data for learning and personalization.
• Provide recommendations for customer segmentation, web, and email optimization and testing scenarios, and data collection to drive personalization
• Own and manage the execution of executive-level reports on marketing effectiveness across all our channels, with the ability to tell compelling stories out of data.
• Serve as an expert in the marketing analytics space and bring thought leadership to the group.
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of previous experience along with 2+ years management experience
• Expertise in web analytics implementations and reporting (Adobe Analytics preferred)
• Experience with tag management software
• Familiarity with digital marketing activities across web, email, advertising, social media, etc.
• Experience creating frameworks for measurement (such as CLTV)
• SQL experience and understanding of database structures
• Experience utilizing third-party APIs a plus
• Excellent presentation skills and the ability to speak in front of large groups of colleagues
• A collaborative attitude and inquisitive nature
• Consumer Data Platform knowledge/experience a plus
• SEO knowledge/experience a plus
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.