Penguin Random House LLC Associate, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25571
This is a great opportunity to join an agile and dynamic technology team, in the largest English language publisher.
Help us discover text and data relationships to drive our business forward while working with new tools and processes.
This position will assist in creating experiments and prototyping implementations to pushing boundaries in designing new architectures. This role will be the subject matter expertise in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and related technologies, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities in the market. In addition, present complex ML/AI concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Domain knowledge of machine learning and text/data analysis/natural language processing techniques for classification, detection, key attribute extraction, segmentation, or activity detection.
• Practical experience in statistics.
• Familiar with how to retrieve data from databases and other systems and tools using queries, exporting capabilities, and other effective methods.
• Fully responsible for deliverables-including definition, completion, and technical quality, as well as assuring consistency across the responsibility span.
• Object-oriented programming and principles, in Python, C++, or Java.
• Some hands-on experience with Big Data systems/tools, e.g. Hadoop, Cloudera, Horton Works, IBM Insights, MongoDB, Spark, Storm, HDFS, HBase, Accumulo, HIVE, PIG, SQL, Cassandra, Kafka and equivalents.
• Experience in Data Modeling and Architecture.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and a keen desire to learn.
• 1+ years of experience working technical challenges associated with machine learning and/or text/data analysis/natural language processing.
• BS degree
• Strong problem-solving skills and capable of working with analysts, and technical software developers across several technical disciplines.
• Strong software development and/or algorithmic scripting skills, preferably with knowledge of machine learning and/or deep learning frameworks.
• Hands-on experience using text/data analysis/natural language processing and machine learning libraries such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Torch, SciPy, OpenCV
• Familiarity with data analysis and visualization in Python. experience with these, or similar tools" portion of the post:
• Amazon - Sagemaker, AMI's, ML Solutions Lab
• Google - BigQuery, Dataproc, Spanner.
Please complete our online application process to be considered for this role.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.