Penguin Random House LLC Assistant, Marketing in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 27060
The Role: Marketing Assistant
We are hiring a Marketing Assistant to support the Executive Vice President of Marketing Strategy and Consumer Engagement at Penguin Random House.
• The group is responsible for consumer insights & marketplace analytics, subscriber acquisition, content, and marketing strategy on PRH web, email and social channels, partnerships, paid campaigns and web development.
• We also work to promote creativity, marketing innovation, and effectiveness by running tests, researching new tools and supporting divisional marketers.
• This is a great opportunity to get a strategic and big-picture view of publishing and marketing.
• Learn and grow with a fast-paced marketing team.
• Bring your strong passion for books, marketing, and consumers.
• Be a creative, proactive, problem solver who's dependable and a team player.
• Assists the Executive Vice President and marketing leadership team on a range of projects.
• Builds and/or edits marketing presentations.
• Draft communication/research on behalf of EVP; from formal updates to internal/external meeting agendas.
• Manages extremely active calendars, detailed travel plans/agendas, and completes expense reports.
• Plans and coordinates schedules to ensure EVP is informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities; appropriately prioritizes requests.
• Organizes marketing team meetings, providing support on logistics, invites, agenda, decks, catering, meeting notes and follow-ups with stakeholders.
• Processes freelancer/consultant invoices.
• Stays up to date with marketing best practices: researches marketing trends, potential partners; communicates findings.
• Organizes informational sessions for marketers and publicists on innovative marketing strategies and tools.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in online marketing, marketing analytics, creative marketing or publishing.
• Project management experience or training is highly desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize work effectively, self-start and meet tight deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office especially PowerPoint.
• Willingness to learn new systems, such as Brandwatch, AudienceView, Hitwise, and in-house reporting tools.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.