Penguin Random House LLC Assistant, Managing Editorial in New York, New York
Assistant, Managing Editorial
Random House Children's Books, a division of Penguin Random House, is seeking an Assistant, Managing Editorial, to join our team.
This position will support the Executive Vice President of Managing Editorial with clerical, administrative, and general office duties that apply to the Managing Editorial Department.
• Provides administrative support to the RHCB Managing Editorial department
• Tracks invoices and payments
• Prepares reports and presentations using appropriate software, including gathering relevant data and statistical information
• Responds to routine requests for information, and escalates requests as needed
• Runs reports from SAP (title information system), FMP (scheduling system), and myhouse (SAP web-based frontend) and enters title data
• Tracks status of sales materials each publishing span
• Works with Design and Production to coordinate production of Advance Readers Copies
• Liaison with outside text-leveling services (Lexile and Fountas & Pinnell)
• Maintains reprint library
• Performs other related projects or duties as assigned or required by division
• Previous experience in an office environment strongly preferred
• An ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• A proven track-record of successfully navigating fast paced, detail oriented environments
• Strong written and verbal communication skills Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and a high level of comfort adopting new systems as needed
• Excellent organizational skills
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York, NY
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 35893