Penguin Random House LLC Assistant Editor, Manga in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 28166
Assistant Editor, Manga
Penguin Random House Publisher Services is seeking a Manga Assistant Editor to help us publish books on behalf of our client, Kodansha Comics.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Work with translators and designers to complete English localizations of manga on time and at a high standard of quality.
• Edit translated manuscripts and lettered, designed interior pages.
• Review printer proofs of covers and interiors.
• Clear approvals with Kodansha.
• Communicate closely with other editorial and production staff.
• Write cover copy and coordinate in-book advertising.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 2 - 4 years' experience with translation/localization or editorial
• A passion for manga paired with the professionalism to work on behalf of our client's business
• Professional experience in any of the following fields is preferred: editorial, Japanese-to-English translation, proofreading, and/or localization project management
• Ability to read Japanese at least at intermediate level
• Resourcefulness to pick up house style and procedures
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus