Penguin Random House LLC Art Assistant - Viking, Penguin, and Penguin Press in New York, New York
We are looking for an Assistant to support the art department that works on titles for Viking, Penguin, and Penguin Press imprints, both hardcovers and paperbacks.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about the inner-workings of a fast-paced art department in a large publishing house!
The Art Assistant:
• Provides administrative support to the department supervisor (i.e. answer phones, files, archives digital and physical files, creates meeting agendas).
• Provides overall department support (i.e. updates and manages schedules, maintains department archives, routes jacket and cover mechanicals between departments).
• Answers a high volume of departmental inquiries and provides digital files, print outs, and placeholders when necessary.
• Acts as the point person within the department for all other departments, including digital archiving, production, and the Font Administrators.
• Orders art supplies for the department
• Liaises with freelance artists, including communicating deadlines, sending digital files, and mailing books
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
• Strong attention to detail and is a fast learner
• Has the ability to problem solve and think quickly
• Interest in working in a creative environment
• Excellent communication skills, both phone and writing
• Proactive, takes initiative
• Computer skills including Mac OS, Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Working knowledge of Mac programs: Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 38632