Penguin Random House LLC Advertising and Promotions Assistant/Coordinator in New York, New York
We are seeking an Assistant or a Coordinator to join the Creative Marketing Services (CMS) department in Penguin Random House. This individual will support the Executive Director of Advertising & Promotions with a wide-range of administrative, organizational, workflow-related, and project management-based responsibilities that involve interacting with a variety of other departments. Working in the Viking, Penguin Books, Riverhead, and Penguin Press imprints of the Penguin Publishing Group, this role will learn all about the book publishing industry in an exciting, fast-paced, and creative department.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Operating as a project manager within the design request software by fielding requests from the marketing, publicity, and managing editorial departments, moving requests forward, supplementing with additional information, routing, and maintaining timelines.
• Liaising information between the CMS department and other internal departments related to all projects and assignments.
• Organizing presentation run-throughs, booking rooms, and contacting attendees for scheduling.
• Providing administrative support for the department including creating purchase orders, coding, processing, and trafficking invoices, handling expense reports, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Genuine interest in book publishing and creative marketing services; at least 1 year of related experience to be considered at the Coordinator level
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Project management and workflow skills, including the ability to create and adhere to timelines and move projects forward
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proficient in all Microsoft suite tools, especially Excel
• Knowledge of SAP and FileMaker Pro a plus
Salary for the Assistant level is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.