Penguin Random House LLC Administrative Assistant, International Sales & Marketing in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is seeking an Administrative Assistant to directly support the SVP and Director of International Sales & Marketing. The role will also provide clerical support to the teams selling and promoting books across Asia and within the online channel internationally. This highly visible position interacts with a wide variety of members of the International Sales & Marketing department based both domestically and abroad.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
• Managing and maintaining the SVP's calendar, including accepting, updating and making appointments.
• Booking travel for supervisor and processing expenses on a monthly basis.
• Providing general administrative and sales support tasks for the department, including answering phones, filing, managing department expenses, updating the team's travel and vacation calendars, coordinating conference rooms for meetings, ordering supplies, etc.
• Handling requests from the Sales Director, Sales Managers, and international customers on matters related to sales within Asia, including requests for reports and materials, creating presentations, and fielding general inquiries.
• Assisting with arrangements for international book fairs by scheduling appointments, making reservations, organizing materials, etc.
• Assisting with scheduling, making reservations, gathering materials, etc. for sales conferences.
• Serving as the point person for the department on general inquiries and requests for materials.
• Preparing ad hoc title reports.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience, administrative experience a plus
• Strong written verbal and communication skills
• Highly organized with the ability to successfully work on multiple projects at a time
• Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proactive with the ability to problem solve
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.